Number of Staff Required: 6(1 Head Cook, 5 Cook Helpers)
Position OutlineMinister to staff and campers by maintaining the kitchen and preparing all meals and snacks for designated times.
- Prepare and cook full course meals including cooking and handling of food including bakery goods and desserts, stocks, soups and sauces, eggs and dairy, Cold kitchen (salads & sandwiches), cereals, vegetables, fruits, meat, etc.
- Preparation of Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, Buffet, All meals, snacks
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Head cook holds additional responsibilities (please contact Camp Coordinator for more information).
- Be at least 16 years of age for Jr. High and Junior Camp.
- Be at least 19 years of age for Teen Camp.
- Can prepare and cook full course meals.
- Inspect kitchen and food service areas.
- Ability to follow recipes, understanding of measurements etc.
- Ability for numeracy, reading text, oral communication
- Exhibit the ability to place the needs of the campers and the camp above their own.
- Team player that can relate positively to all staff, volunteers and campers.
- Assumes all other duties and assignments deemed appropriate by the Camp Director and Program Director.
- Aid program staff during activities and be an active part of all camp activities.