Number of Staff Required: 3
May be asked to help with dishwashing.
Position OutlineEnhance the camp experience through the preparation and execution of activities such as games, sports, canoeing, swimming, and archery. A great opportunity to teach campers the thrill of physical activity and competition while maintaining positive attitudes and relationships.
- Oversee rotary times every afternoon (Monday – Thursday, with 2 or 3 cabins at a time).
- Arrange/oversee a variety of activities for the afternoon schedule that may include such options as canoeing, craft, swimming, ropes course, archery, slip and slide, tubing, etc.
- Find creative ways to assemble six teams at the Sunday evening Rec. Time. Campers will participate in team events all week with these teams (approx. 10-15 campers per team plus one counselor per team as team leader).
- Maintain the Team scoreboards and keep track of points for events and memory verses and update scores every day.
- Organize a Thursday evening “Wide Game” (ex: Capture the flag etc., where all campers participate).
- Assumes all other duties and assignments deemed appropriate by the Camp Director and Program Director.
- Aid program staff during activities and be an active part of all camp activities.
- Jr. High & Junior Camps: Run evening rec. times (Monday & Thursday) at Jr. High and Junior Camps in which teams can compete for points. (Relays, etc.)
- Teen Camp: Organize Rec. times for morning and after supper to include games/competitions for teams to earn points.
- Be at least 16 years of age for Jr. High and Junior Camp
- Be at least 19 years of age for Teen Camp.
- Interested in developing personal leadership skills.
- Organized with good communication skills.
- Possess strong leadership skills.
- Emotionally mature, willing to accept responsibility.
- Exhibit the ability to place the needs of the campers and the camp above their own.
- Team player that can relate positively to all staff, volunteers and campers.
- Be in good health, vitality and physical stamina.